At Magic City Law, we are committed to providing individuals and families with the diligent, compassionate representation they deserve.
Birmingham Family Law Attorneys
Serving Individuals & Families in Hoover, Shelby County, Jefferson County & Saint Clair County, AL
Family law issues involve family relationships, problems, and disputes that can upend your life and the lives of your children. These are issues that you may be forced to confront and for which you are ill-prepared, such as divorce and child custody or domestic violence and protection from abuse. They can also be a matter for which state law is unsettled and confusing, such as for assisted reproductive technology involving surrogacy and parentage proceedings. Whatever the issue, to achieve favorable outcomes, you will need the help of a capable and trusted attorney who practices Alabama family law.
At Magic City Law, LLC, you can work with a team of highly experienced, efficient, and effective lawyers. We have devoted our entire practice to family law only. We are not only award-winning in our professional fields but we are working mothers with families of our own. We understand the underlying emotional context of sensitive and intimate family matters, from parenting to financial issues, and all that goes into the family dynamic. When you bring your case to us, you will have the benefit of our deep understanding of the legal, practical, and emotional factors that are part and parcel of family law cases.
Faced with a family law matter? Contact Magic City Law, LLC to schedule a confidential consultation with a Birmingham family law lawyer. We can be reached online or at (205) 509-4766.
Without their representation, things could have gone badly and I really appreciate their assistance.- D.W.
A Team Dedicated to Serving All Your Family Law Needs
Our team of family lawyers serves clients from all walks of life and all types of families, whatever you consider family to be. We represent the full gamut of potential clients facing legal issues, such as the following:
- Divorcing couples and parents, including those with high assets or high net worth
- LGBTQ+ couples seeking divorce, custody, child support, alimony, surrogacy, or adoption
- Grandparents, stepparents, and other relatives seeking adoption of a child
- Couples seeking to draft, finalize, or review customized prenuptial or postnuptial agreements
- Individuals suffering from threats or actual violence in the family or household settings or as dating partners
- Anyone needing assistance with legal issues related to fertility, embryo division, or surrogacy
- Parents of children needing a Guardian ad Litem appointment to represent the child’s interests in a divorce or custody matter
- Single individuals and married couples seeking to adopt
- Unmarried mothers or fathers seeking to establish or contest paternity
Whatever your family law issue involves, our team can provide the advice, guidance, or representation you need, whether through negotiations with the other side, through court proceedings such as for adoption, or through litigation before a judge in a contested issue in court.
Serving Clients & the Needs of the Community
Our attorneys have been certified as Guardians ad Litem, which means they have been specially trained to handle children in divorce cases, are pioneers in assisted reproductive technology in Alabama, being one of the only five firms in the state to handle this issue, have won awards for their competence as top attorneys, such as being recognized by Super Lawyers and being voted a Birmingham Top Woman Attorney by BMetro magazine, and have been involved in many other professional and community organizations and events related to family law.
Dedicated Advocates for Families Across Magic City
Why Choose Magic City Law, LLC?
We know you have many choices when seeking a family law attorney. We also know that the attorney you choose can play a critical role in the results you obtain, whether inside or outside of court through quality of case preparation, commitment, negotiation skill, and litigation ability.
- More than two decades of combined experience
- Close personal attention which often translates into building long-lasting relationships with our clients
- LGBTQ+ friendly representation
- Extensive knowledge and skill in reproductive issues as well as financial matters
- Proven results as trial lawyers
- Proven results in child advocacy
- Legal representation that is exclusively focused on Alabama family law
Active in the Community
Committed to Building Relationships
LGBTQ+ Friendly Attorneys
Over 20 Years of Combined Experience
Do you offer free consultations?
Generally, no. (Uncontested Adoptions and ART consultations are the only exception to this answer.) We charge a reduced rate. There are firms that provide free initial consultations, but those firms ...
I’m thinking of getting a divorce, what should I do?
Contact an attorney. Preferably (for us), contact us. We will give you the proper guidance, whether it be to hire us or to seek a counselor. We are here to protect your family’s needs, not ours. Most ...
What is the difference between a “contested” and an “uncontested” divorce?
First things first, an “uncontested” divorce is one where both parties already have an agreement, or can work out one on their own. Neither of you will contest or challenge the settlement agreement. A ...
What are some things I should talk to my spouse about if I want to have an uncontested divorce?
Uncontested agreements take cooperation on both sides. If you can’t get your spouse to agree to a property split, then it will probably end up being a contested divorce. Ask yourself and your spouse – ...